FIDIC Africa, formerly the Group of African Member Associations (GAMA) of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) was formed in 1993 with the intention of providing a platform for collaboration and improved linkages of FIDIC Member Associations within Africa. It is run by a secretariat that manages the day-today activities of FIDIC Africa, whilst strategic direction and decision making is carried out through the FIDIC Africa Executive Committee comprising volunteers elected as representatives from FIDIC Africa Member Associations (MA’s).
Provide a unified voice of the Consulting Engineer in Africa.
To be the sole representative of FIDIC in Africa through the promotion, collaboration and participation of Member Associations, Member Firms and Key Stakeholders of FIDIC and to ensure that FIDIC Africa is the Voice of The Consulting Engineer in Africa.
The key strategic Objectives are to:
- Improve Growth of the membership of FIDIC Africa
- Enhance Business Development across Africa for FIDIC Africa Member Firms
- Improve the frequency and quality of Communication and Conferences
- Improve Capacity Building initiatives across FIDIC Africa
- Enhance Integrity, Ethics and Professional Practice and Improve the Standards adherence to within FIDIC Africa